Transition into College
Support with transition from school to college for learners with additional learning needs who have a Statement of Special Educational Need.
Cardiff and Vale College’s dedicated transition team can help you move from school into college. We understand that moving from school to college is an important time and that you may be anxious or nervous about moving on from school.
Our friendly team can;
- Offer advice and guidance on course choices in the college
- Attend your Annual Reviews to provide advice and guidance
- Help you make applications and support you through the admissions process
- Offer bespoke tours and Keep in Touch Days at our campuses throughout the year
- Have a name contact who will be available to support you on your college journey
- Work with schools, parents, Career Wales to help share information and help to support you.
- Help produce or update a One Page Profile and an Individual Development Plan (IDP)
- Sign-post you to advice on financial support and student services
- Help develop your personalised transition.
We want you to feel supported, safe and happy at Cardiff and Vale College to enable you to progress in all aspects of life and/or work.
Our Transition Officers are Lucy Curtis, Paula Lawrence and Helen Williams.