Cardiff and Vale college strives to provide a website that is accessible to all users (both browser and user accessibility).
Cardiff and Vale College website has been created, designed and tested in accordance with the World Wide Web Consortium's (W3C) web content accessibility guidelines. The W3C is an international consortium responsible for developing web standards and practices.
As far as possible, we have tried to ensure that:
- All pages on this site validate as HTML 5 conformance
- All pages on this site comply with priority 1 and in most cases priority 2 of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
What is browsealoud?
Browsealoud reads website content out loud using the most natural and engaging voice to transform your online reading experience. New features include: Translator, Simplifier, Screen Masking for Touch Screens and the ability to personalise the settings to suit individual needs and preferences.
Other features include:
- Dual-Colour Highlighting
- Text Magnification
- MP3 Maker
- Screen Masking
- Pronunciation Modifier
- Secure Site Reading
- PDF Reading
- International Languages
Browsealoud helps website visitors who need online reading support, as well those who simply prefer to listen to information instead of reading it themselves. Browsealoud is particularly useful for people with print disabilities such as dyslexia or mild visual impairments, and those with English as a second language.
How do I access browsealoud?
Click on the browsealoud launchpad that appears on the top bottom left hand side of this website to launch the browsealoud toolbar then simply click any text to hear it read aloud.
Many links have title attributes which describe the link in greater details. Links are written to make sense out of context.
All content images used on this site, where possible, include descriptive ALT attributes.
How to change the font size in your browser:
- In Internet Explorer: select the ‘Page’ button, select ‘Text size’, then select the size you want.
- In Google Chrome: select the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar, select ‘Settings’. Select ‘Show advanced settings’. In the ‘Web Content’ section, use the ‘Font size’ drop-down menu to make adjustments.
- In Mozilla Firefox: go to ‘Tools’, then ‘Options’, then ‘Content’ and finally ‘Fonts and Colors’. You can change to the size you need here.
This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layouts. If your browser does not support stylesheets the content of each page should still be readable.
Let us know what you think
If you enjoyed using the CAVC website, or if you had trouble with any part of it, please get in touch. We'd like to hear from you in any of the following ways:
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- call us on +44 (0)2920 250 250