What is Wellbeing?
Cardiff and Vale College’s dedicated wellbeing team offer a varied range of support for learners who may be facing a variety of issues, which makes day-to-day life harder. Issues such as mental health concerns, drug or alcohol issues, relationships and sexual health, family difficulties etc.
Our friendly team can:
- Offer advice and guidance on a range of wellbeing issues
- Provide emotional support and a listening ear
- 121 drop in sessions
- Referrals to other college support mechanisms
- Referrals to external agencies such as Llamau, SHOT, Emotional Wellbeing Service, Amber Project etc.
- Provide free condoms which are available from the Wellbeing Hubs
- Support learners with I2A, to complete outcome stars and identify needs.
- Work with parents/carers to support learners with their consent.
- ‘Bitesize group workshops’ on a range of topics
We want learners to feel supported, safe and happy at Cardiff and Vale College to enable them to progress in all aspects of life and/or work.