Below are some suggestions on tried and tested techniques which may help promote emotional wellbeing, being kind to yourself and staying well, particularly during difficult times.
- Talking – this could be to a friend, family member or trusted adult. Some of the below links have online chat facilities, freephones and text services.
- Physical Activity – anything that raises the heart rate, gets your blood pumping and releases endorphins (happy hormones). Lots of people find activity a great way to get rid of feelings of anger and frustration and take their mind of worries.
- Fresh Air – being outside can really lift your mood, you could go for a walk, kick a ball, visit the beach, walk the dog, watch the sunset, the list is endless!
- Get Creative – Colouring, drawing, writing a poem, story, lyrics, letter etc. What you produce doesn’t have to be perfect, it’s the process of sitting down, focussing on a task and being calm that helps.
- Look after you! – enjoy some quiet time, this could be reading a book, having a bath, cooking a nice meal, listening to music, watching your favourite film. Sometimes its hard to make time to nurture ourselves but you will feel better once you do.