Personal Learning Accounts (PLA)
A Personal Learning Account (PLA) is a programme funded by Welsh Government which allows those who meet the criteria below to access FREE courses and professional qualifications that develop your skills and help you to progress or change your career.
PLA courses provide the skills and qualifications that local employers are looking for. They focus on sectors that are growing in this region and where there is currently a need for people with these skills. Designed to be flexible and work around your life and commitments, the goal is that at the end of the course or courses, there will be well-paid job vacancies available for you to apply for.
Applying for a Personal Learning Account (PLA)
Eligibility criteria for Personal Learning Account (PLA) courses:
- You Live in Wales
- You are 19 years old or over
- You want to gain Skills/Qualifications in priority sectors to better your career development
- You are currently employed/self-employed, and at least one of the following;
- Earning under £26,000 salary
- You are currently Furloughed (or have been previously)
- At risk of being made redundant from your job
- Agency Staff
- You are working in a Sector or Industry that has been and/or will continue to be negatively impacted by the events of Covid-19
You cannot get a PLA if you are under 19 years of age, or in full-time education or unemployed.
Think you are eligible for a Personal Learning Account? Then apply for a course today!
Just browse the courses below and apply. Once you’ve applied, one of our advisers will be in touch. Or if you're not sure where to start, click the ‘Here to help' button to book an appointment to chat to an adviser.