CAVC Netball Academy offers talented female netballers aged 16-19 a comprehensive player development programme that develops skills both on and off the court.
The CAVC Netball Academy benefits from state-of-the-art training facilities, expert coaching and support, preparing players for club, semi-professional and national netball.
The Academy has a track record for developing talent, with players progressing to university, gaining contracts with semi-professional netball teams, and playing netball for their region and country.
What can we offer you?
The right balance
- Your teachers and coaches work together to ensure your studies and your sports commitment don’t conflict. We create the right balance for you to reach your potential in both.
- Fantastic stepping stone between school and university, as well as semiprofessional level netball.
A track record of success
- Previous winners of national tournaments.
- Current and former players have been selected for Wales age grade netball; Welsh Colleges; Cardiff and Vale County; and for Netball Superleague team the Celtic Dragons U17 and U19 squads.
- Former players have also progressed to leading sports universities, with some returning as intern staff to support the coaching and development of CAVC Netball Academy.
- Cardiff International Sports Campus (CISC) and Canal Park at City Centre Campus – offering top class indoor facilities so training and matches can take place throughout the year.
- Gym facilities at CISC and City Centre Campus to support personal training.
- Accommodation is available for students from further afield wishing to join CAVC and one of our academies.
Professional expert coaching
- Professional netball coaching every week.
- Expert coach with significant playing and coaching experience.
Professional strength and conditioning and wraparound support
- Strength and Conditioning Coach supporting an individualised programme of development for each player.
- Advice on nutrition and psychology.
- Team and individual performance analysis.
- High standard competitive fixtures, playing in the national colleges league.
- Participation in tournaments across the region and Wales.
- A supportive environment that allows you to continue playing for regional clubs and leagues, with most players playing in Division 1 and 2 in the Cardiff and Vale District Netball league alongside the CAVC Netball Academy.
- Strong links with Welsh Netball and leading sports universities enabling learners to continue their netball.
"Choosing Cardiff and Vale College meant I could study and keep playing netball. Our coach at CAVC is an international player so the training is of such a high standard. I play for Central Netball Club as well and last year I was selected in the Welsh U17s set up. It was great to have a coach that knows first-hand how we should train for that level. I hope to trial for the U21’s in the future. I have always studied in Welsh so it was good to be able to continue this in college and to learn bilingually has worked well for me. I would definitely recommend CAVC to anyone wanting to study and keep developing their netball."
"I had played netball throughout school and the opportunity to study alongside becoming a member of the Netball Academy attracted me to the College. The programme allows us to train 3 times a week, play and do strength and conditioning to make our netball performance better. Our coach is really inspirational. I’ve had so many opportunities and trialled for Wales. It has also helped me make friends from across the college, with all of us studying different courses. This year I’m progressing to Cardiff Metropolitan University to study Sport and Exercise Science where they also have a great Netball set up so I can continue to progress."