Learning Support for HE students

Support for learners who are studying on Higher Education courses.

Key Information

Our specialist and dedicated team can support you through your course with specialist assistance for learning difficulties or physical disabilities including dyslexia, dyspraxia, visual/hearing impairment, mobility issues, ADHD, ASD and serious illness.

Disabled Students’ Allowance
The DSA is a non means-tested, government funded scheme which can pay for any support that you might need to ensure that you are not disadvantaged during your studies. 

We can assist students who may be eligible to apply for Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) and arrange for funded support to be put in place. Students with a disability or impairment including specific learning difficulties may be eligible.

All support is recommended during a Needs Assessment where a discussion takes place about how your disability or impairment affects you on an individual basis.

How do I apply?
You can apply for the Disability Students’ Allowance before or during your course, although we recommend that you do so as soon as possible as it can take some time to get everything in place. In order to apply for a DSA you will need to provide evidence of your condition. You will need to complete a DSA1 form as part of the application process, which we can offer assistance with.


Useful Links

Siarad Dysgu Byw

Each year we are increasing the opportunities and support for students coming from Welsh-medium schools across the region, to continue learning bilingually and through the medium of Welsh.
graduation guests audience

Why choose CAVC for HE?

There are lots of reasons to choose CAVC as your place of study for a university course...

How to apply for a HE course

Applying for a HE course at CAVC is easy and all online