CAVC Football Academy offers talented footballers aged 16-19 a comprehensive player development programme that develops skills both on and off the pitch, in an environment that mirrors the professional game.
Awarded FAW Focus College Status, for maintaining the highest standards of football provision, the CAVC Football Academy benefits from state-of-the-art FIFA approved training facilities, expert coaching and support.
CAVC Football Academy has developed a reputation for success, playing in the highest league possible and against some of the top colleges in England and Wales. It also has a track record for developing talent, with players progressing to university, gaining international football scholarships, developing careers in football and gaining contracts with clubs across the country.
What can we offer you?
A track record for success
- Finalists for consecutive years in the Welsh Schools FA Cup Final, and Cardiff and Vale Schools Cup. AOC Cat 2 League Champions.
- Many players also play or gain contracts with senior Welsh premier league teams including Barry Town, Penybont and Taff’s Well.
- Players have represented their country, playing for Welsh Schools Under 18s and Welsh Colleges.
- Many former players have progressed to leading sports universities and are developing careers in football, often returning as intern staff to support the coaching and development of CAVC Football Academy.
The right balance
- Your teachers and coaches work together to ensure your studies and your sports commitments don’t conflict. We create the right balance for you to reach your potential in both.
- Cardiff International Sports Campus (CISC) is a complete performance hub with top class grass, 3G and 4G pitches, a large gym and a state-of-the-art sports dome ensuring training and matches can take place through the year.
- Accommodation is available for students from further afield wishing to join CAVC and one of our academies.
Professional expert coaching
- Professional football coaching every week.
- Head of football has a UEFA Pro licencse and 3 coaches have the UEFA A Licencse.
Professional strength and conditioning and wraparound support
- Strength and Conditioning Coach supporting an individualised programme of development for each player.
- Advice on nutrition and psychology.
- Team and individual performance analysis.
- High standard competitive fixtures, with the Football Academy squad playing in the top division, against leading colleges in Wales and England.
- Participation in tournaments through the year including Cardiff and Vale Schools and the Welsh Schools FA Cup.
- A strong partnership with the Football Association of Wales, working in partnership with Cardiff City House of Sport, sharing facilities at Cardiff International Sports Campus.
- Overlooking Cardiff City FC and working in collaboration on a number of programmes.
- Established link with Benfica FC, providing the opportunity for the CAVC Football Academy to attend an annual two-week warm weather training camp in this world-renowned club.
- A supportive environment that allows you to continue playing domestic football with your chosen club.
David Adams - Technical Director, Football Association of Wales
The learning environment at CAVC Football Academy is at the core of its fundamentals and allows all the students an opportunity to develop, challenge and achieve whether that is on the pitch or in the classroom. The combination of education with the driving influence of football is an impactful mix which allows any aspiring football player to reach their potential both academically and in football. CAVC is one of the founding colleges of the Focus College programme and it remains at the forefront in terms of coaching, facilities, games programme and education.
"Before coming to CAVC I knew the football academy play at a high standard and that it is really competitive. That is what made me want to come here. The coaches here are amazing.
I was overwhelmed when I was offered the captaincy at CAVC and over the two years here have also played for Barry Town development squad and Welsh Schools U18s. I have made so many friends since studying here, it has been a great experience and I would recommend to anyone who wants to pursue their education and football together.
I’d applied for universities here but was offered a full scholarship for Casper College in the USA to study a Business Management degree and play for their soccer team. It was such a great opportunity I couldn’t turn down!"
"I have always played football and have played for Barry Town from U13s to U16s, and now for their U19s. Our coach is very good and being part of CAVC Football Academy has massively improved me as a player.
I went to a Welsh medium school and have studied my course here bilingually. I’m hoping to go to uni after finishing the course.
CAVC is such a good experience, there is so much to offer. If you enjoy sport it is one of the best places to come."