About this course
Our Level 2 Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools qualiﬁcation will enable learners to develop the knowledge and skills needed when supporting teaching and learning in primary, secondary or special schools. This programme covers a wide range of areas including children and young people’s development, supporting those with disabilities or special educational needs and communication and professional relationships.
This qualification is a must-have for all students undertaking the Level 2 Supporting Teaching and Learning Apprenticeship, and is suitable for anyone who is working in a role that supports pupils’ learning.
What you will study
This Certiﬁcate requires 30 credits and will be assessed by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods. This could include direct observation in the workplace, a portfolio of evidence, written assignments or a task. Candidates will need to be working, volunteering or on practical placement as you need to show competence in both knowledge and skills.
Please note that students/candidates are required to undertake a DBS Check (police check) before commencing any vocational training or work experience in the Early Years or Care Field. This will be the responsibility of the student.
Course fee per year
Exam Fee: £70.00
Part-time enrolment fee: £30.00
Course Fee: £550.00
Must be at least 18 years old. Clear up to date DBS/ WEST assessment Lit & Num Min level 1/ Placement arranged prior to start of course.
Teaching and assessment
- Written assignments and work based assessments and portfolio
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Career prospects & further study
After completing the course, successful candidates may progress onto a Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning qualiﬁcations group. Many students will also pursue various employment opportunities within the industry including:
- Teaching Assistant
- Learning Support Assistant
- Special Educational Needs Assistant
Need to know