About this course
Our Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools qualiﬁcation will provide students with an understanding of the knowledge and skills needed when working directly with children or young people in primary, secondary or special schools. This programme covers a wide range of areas including children and young people’s development, safeguarding their welfare and communication. This Level 3 Certificate is suitable for anyone who is working in an unsupervised role that supports pupils’ learning.
What you will study
This Certiﬁcate requires 32 credits and will be assessed by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods. This could include direct observation in the workplace, a portfolio of evidence, written assignments or a task set by CACHE. Candidates will need to be working or volunteering in a school environment as they will need to show competence in both knowledge and skills.
Please note that students/candidates are required to undertake a DBS check (police check) before commencing any vocational training or work experience in the Early Years or Care Field. This will be the responsibility of the student.
Course fee per year
Exam Fee: £90.00
Part-time enrolment fee: £30.00
Course Fee: £680.00
Must be 18 years or over. Completion of level 2 STLS , evidence of placement and clear and valid DBS check.
Teaching and assessment
- Two written assignments
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Career prospects & further study
After completing the course, successful candidates may progress onto a Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools. Many students will also pursue various employment opportunities within the industry including:
- Senior Teaching Assistant
- Senior Learning Support Assistant
- Senior Special Educational Needs Assistant
Need to know