About this course
Our Level 2 BTEC Diploma in Sport (QCF) qualification has been specifically designed to give individuals a broad understanding of Sports Studies, whilst providing in depth knowledge into the importance of sport and exercise in modern society. Studying at our International Sports Campus in Cardiff, learners will be offered the chance to apply their skills and awareness in a practical sport setting, whilst also working towards other additional qualifications that will further improve their career prospects in the industry.
We have use of external 4G pitches, indoor gym as well as an indoor court allowing us to participate in sports such as Basketball, Netball, Volleyball, Badminton, etc.
(When using the external 4G pitches, appropriate footwear must be worn).
What you will study
This course is made up of a number of units, that are a mix of both theory and practical work.
The Level 2 Diploma units include:
- Exercise & Fitness Knowledge
- Practical Sports
- The Mind & Sports Performance
- Sports Performer In Action
- Training For Personal Fitness
- Leadership In Sport
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Exercise Health & Lifestyle
- Profiling Sports Performance
- Designing Exercise Programmes
- Research Project
- Work Experience In Sport
You will also be expected to undertake either Essential Skills (2 hours per week) or GCSE re-sit dependent on grades when enrolling. In addition to this you will be expected to completed your E-Tutorial when timetabled (1 hour per week).
Practical engagement is compulsory. Fitness testing sessions may be undertaken prior to enrollment.
4 GCSEs Grades A* - D. English Language and/or Maths (or equivalent) desirable or relevant Level 1 Diploma in Sport.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
My highlight of the college has to been meeting people who have just as much of passion for sport as myself, and the facilities. I really enjoy the practical sessions that we do on the course, including the sport coaching, research methods and human anatomy.
Career prospects & further study
Completion of Level 2 will allow you to progress to BTEC Sport Level 3.
Need to know