Health, Fitness & Wellbeing
About this course
This Diploma Level 2 in Health, Fitness and Wellbeing is the ideal course for sport and exercise enthusiasts, keen to start a career in the fitness industry. Based at our International Sports Campus in Cardiff, learners will gain a series of professional qualifications in various units, including Gym Instructor and First Aid.
What you will study
This course covers a wide range of topics including:
- Exercise and fitness knowledge
- Gym instructor
- Communication for fitness instructors
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Children’s Fitness
You will be required to purchase moulded football boots before commencing this course, in order to take part in practical sessions, which is an essential part of the course. You may be eligible for support with these costs. Please contact us for further information.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £0.00
4 GCSEs Grades A* - D. English Language and/or Maths (or equivalent) desirable or relevant Level 1 Diploma in Sport or relevant industry-related experience.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
My highlight of the college has to been meeting people who have just as much of passion for sport as myself, and the facilities. I really enjoy the practical sessions that we do on the course, including the sport coaching, research methods and human anatomy.
Career prospects & further study
After completing this course, many students will pursue a career in coaching or sport leadership. Many students who successfully complete this programme then progress onto the Personal Trainer course.
Need to know