About this course
These qualifications are designed to provide learners with an in-depth understanding of the principles of the uniformed services sector and to allow them to explore the various avenues of work within it. They’ll also allow learners to gain transferable skills that can be applied to the workplace or further study.
These qualifications will:
• focus on the study of the uniformed services within the public services sector
• offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge
• provide opportunities to acquire a number of practical and technical work-related skills
What you will study
These qualifications aim to provide learners with:
• an understanding of the uniformed public services sector
• the opportunity to investigate career opportunities in the uniformed services
• the ability to prepare for a recruitment interview
• an understanding of the personal commitment and fitness requirements needed to be employed in a uniformed service role
• an understanding of the external organisations that impact on and influence the work of the uniformed services
• an understanding of how uniformed services organisations respond in emergency situations
• the opportunity to understand and develop the skills and qualities needed to work in a range of uniformed services eg leadership skills, coaching skills, conflict management, personal protection, teamwork, communication, navigation, drill.
Modules studied may include:
• Careers in the public services
• Leadership and teamwork
• Physical fitness
• Land navigation
• Emergency planning
Use of gym, sport, MoD and outdoor facilities.
5 GCSEs A* - C including English Language and Maths (or equivalent) or relevant Level 2 qualification - Public Services
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
"The course has given me so many pathways to different careers. I love the facilities and the tutors are very helpful."
Career prospects & further study
Progression to HND in Public and Emergency Services, other HE courses or into employment.
Need to know