About this course
Our level 2 website Development course is ideal for anyone wishing to enter into a career as a website developer or to update their existing knowledge. You will learn to be proficient in writing HTML 5 and CSS 3 code. You will also gain an introduction to responsive website development techniques that enable the webpage to react to the screen size.
This is a very practical course with plenty of coding challenges to test your skills as you go along.
This FREE course is only available to adults that are eligible for a Personal Learning Account (PLA). Personal Learning Accounts, funded by the Welsh Government, are available to employed adults living in Wales that wish to develop skills to progress or change career.
Find out if you're eligible today.
What you will study
On this course you will learn to:
1. Plan and design a website
2. Develop a website using HTML 5 and CSS 3 techniques
3. Test and evaluate the effectiveness of the website
4. Understand the copyright and other constraints that may affect the website
5. Prepare content for web pages such as images
On successful completion, you will receive a certificate from Agored Cymru.
This course will be taught with a tutor remotely over Microsoft Teams. You will not need to purchase any software for this course. However, you will need a working computer with working speakers and Internet access. A microphone would be useful but not essential.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know