Solar Photovoltaic Systems (PLA)
About this course
This five day course has been developed by EALwith the aim of providing electricians with the skills and knowledge required to install small scale photovoltaic (PV) systems. The course has been structured to meet the requirements of the National Occupational Standards and is recognised as a demonstration of competence for the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS).
What you will study
The assessment of the qualification involves the following aspects:
Knowledge Unit: onscreen exam - Closed book
Performance Unit: Practical assesment in simulated conditions.
Learners must pass all the assessments to achieve the qualification. Learners must
complete both units to attain the qualification.
Pre-Course learning is essential.You must have a working knowledge of BS7671 A+22 and Guidance Note 3.
Course fee per year
Part-time enrolment fee: £0.00
Applicants must be conversant and have completed before applying for this course the latest version of the wiring regulations BS7671 Amendment 2022, and a L3 inspection and testing qualification.
To take this qualification applicants must be competent electricians and hold one of the following college and work-based qualifications.
Level 3 NVQ Electrical Qualification and AM2 (Trade) Certificate.
Level 3 Electrotechnical Experienced Worker Qualification and AM2 (Trade) Certificate.
A current ECS Gold Card, as a JIB Electrician, or Approved Electrician.
A current competent person scheme (NAPIT or NICIEC) member and L3 Inspection and Testing.
Stand-alone college only based L2 & L3 technical certificates/Vocationally Related Qualifications (VRQ) are NOT acceptable.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Career prospects & further study
Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation course.