About this course
CompTIA are one of the leading vendor-neutral qualifications. Their Security+ provides validation of the baseline skills you need to perform core security function.
This FREE course is only available to adults that are eligible for a Personal Learning Account (PLA). Personal Learning Accounts, funded by the Welsh Government, are available to employed adults living in Wales that wish to develop skills to progress or change career.
Find out if you're eligible today.
What you will study
This course will develop your knowledge and performance skills in:
- Threats, Attacks and vulnerabilities
- Technologies and tools
- Architecture and design
- Identify and access management
- Risk management
- Cryptography and PKI
On successful completion, you will be ready to sit the CompTIA Security+ exam. We are currently not a test centre but we will guide you toward selecting one and provide you with a seat token so that you may receive a discount at an authorised Pearson Vue Test Centre. This course can be taught with a tutor remotely or within the classroom. If you opt for remote teaching you will not need to purchase any software for this course. However, you will need a working computer with working speakers and Internet access. A microphone would be useful but not essential.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know