About this course
Our level 2 C++ Programming course is ideal for anyone wishing to develop their programming skills to industry standards. You will learn one of the dominant programming languages that is highly desirable within the workplace. This is a very practical course with plenty of coding challenges to test your skills as you go along. We will be focusing on procedural coding for this course.
This FREE course is only available to adults that are eligible for a Personal Learning Account (PLA). Personal Learning Accounts, funded by the Welsh Government, are available to employed adults living in Wales that wish to develop skills to progress or change career.
Find out if you're eligible today.
What you will study
This course will develop knowledge or performance skills in:
- Variables and data structures
- Control structures (i.e. if statements, loops)
- File handling
- Boolean and logical operators
- Robust coding techniques
- Debugging tools
- Testing methods
On successful completion, you will receive a certificate from Agored Cymru.
This course can be taught with a tutor remotely or within the classroom. If you opt for remote teaching you will not need to purchase any software for this course. However, you will need a working computer with working speakers and Internet access. A microphone would be useful but not essential.
An alternative course we offer at the same level is Python Programming. We also offer an introductory version of this course titled “Introduction to C++ coding”.
Applicants should have a keen interest in the topic and be prepared to do some self studying.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know