About this course
Our level 2 Advanced Database with SQL is a part-time qualification designed for those that wish to gain an understanding of data handling within a Database Management System. It will also explore the use of Structured Query Language (SQL) with a particular emphasis on SELECT statements.
This FREE course is only available to adults that are eligible for a Personal Learning Account (PLA). Personal Learning Accounts, funded by the Welsh Government, are available to employed adults living in Wales that wish to develop skills to progress or change career.
Find out if you're eligible today.
What you will study
This course will develop knowledge and performance skills in:
- Data security, data consistency, legal storage of data
- Database management system using Access
- Structured Query language (SQL) - SELECT statements (including joins, groups, functions)
- Data reports
On successful completion, you will receive a certificate from Agored Cymru.
This course will be taught with a tutor remotely via Microsoft Teams. You will not need to purchase any software for this course but you will need a Microsoft Windows computer with an internet connection. A microphone would be useful but not essential.
Applicants should have a keen interest in the topic and be prepared to do some self studying.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know