About this course
If you wish to start a new career in Painting & Decorating and have little or no experience, the Level 1 in Painting and Decorating qualification has been developed for delivery in a training environment; this means that you do not need to be employed to study this qualification.
It has been designed to develop your skills, knowledge and understanding so you can work in Painting and Decorating in the construction industry or progress to further training.
This Level 1 will give you a solid foundation in Painting and Decorating and prepare you to take further qualifications to develop your skills, knowledge and understanding within Painting and Decorating.
What you will study
This is course will be delivered part time and requires one day a week attendance, our experienced and qualified staff will support and guide you to the Awarding Body level of competency.
You will learn key practical skills and knowledge in:
- Health and safety in construction trades
- Working and communicating effectively in construction
- Applying paint to various surfaces
- Applying wallpapers to various surfaces
- Preparing various surfaces for painting and decorating
You will learn through first-hand experience and will be equipped with practical skills as well as theoretical knowledge at the end of your course.
Our professional facilities are fully endorsed and supported by awarding bodies and industry, our tutors have personal experience and knowledge that enables them to cover all essential practical and technical information.
Teaching and assessment
Learners on this program will receive a training plan that will be composed from entry screening. You will be helped to develop your hand skills and industrial knowledge to awarding body levels.
To pass this course you will successfully complete all practical and theory assessments, all assessments are carried out to the awarding body requirements.
Course fee per year
Course Fee: £30.00
Applicants would benefit from achieving 3 GCSEs Grades D-F or above, alternatively, applicants will be considered based on interview and a satisfactory skills scan and interview.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I have enjoyed being around the City Centre Campus, it's a nice surrounding and everyone gets along. The highlight of my time at college has been the new friends I have made and the different atmosphere from school. You can gain new skills and do things you'd never thought you could do before.
Work placements content
Need to know