About this course
Our BTEC Engineering Diploma will suit anyone who is looking for a career in Engineering or a related area. Based at our campus in Barry, this programme will teach learners the basics, allowing them to try their hand at different trades and careers, in order for them find out what they enjoy most and what suits them best. Studying in the College's specialist facilities and industry specific workshops, pupils will work alongside qualified and experienced staff to achieve an industry recognised qualification. Students will also have the opportunity to experience mechanical, electrical, electronic engineering, and general engineering, as well as a range of practical and theory sessions, gaining multiple industry qualifications in the process.
What you will study
On this course you will study a wide range of practical and theory sessions including:
- Electronic practical / theory
- Mechanical practical / theory
- Wider key skills (problem solving, working with others)
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
Suitable candidates must have 4 GCSEs Grade A* - D to include Maths A* - C (or equivalent) and English A*-D
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I had previously studied mechanical and electrical engineering and, after a bit of time off in-between, the position of process operator felt like a good choice for me. I have found the tutors are really good. The facilities are also really good here and I think the College has everything you would need.
Need to know