About this course
The programme is designed to enable students to graduate as highly skilled, professionally accredited therapists who are able to apply their critical appreciation of the evidence base to the development of complementary healthcare provision and research. The strong emphasis on clinical work based learning opportunities, entrepreneurship, employability skills and higher education core skills prepares students for progression to study at Level 6, self-employment or employment in a clinical healthcare setting whilst also laying the foundations for life-long learning and continuing professional development.
What you will study
The HND will focus on progressing students’ therapy skills and allow them to gain three Professional qualifications, in holistic massage (MTI); clinical aromatherapy (IFPA), and clinical reflexology (AoR).
You will study the following modules;
- Human anatomy & physiology
- Introducing research
- Holistic massage 1
- Holistic massage 2
- Introductory human nutrition
- Clinical reflexology
- Contemporary collaborative practice
- Communication & listening skills
- Pathophysiology of disease
- Clinical reflexology 2
- Research methods
- Clinical aromatherapy 1
- Clinical aromatherapy 2
- Professional and clinical practice
Students will undertake a well-balanced mix of theory and practice delivered via a range of teaching methods across the programme including lectures, tutorials, workshops, practical classes, supervised clinics, group tasks and presentations.
Learners will be required to receive 10 treatments from a qualified practioner and obtain Professional Liability Insurance at their own cost.
Professional Liability Insurance will cost approximately £40 per year.
Please note: You can apply for this course either through UCAS or directly with the College.
If applying via UCAS please use the following details: Course Code B303, University Code C20, Campus Code = 5, CAVC - Cardiff.
Course fee per year
Aromatherapy Kit: £200.00
DBS Check: £44.00
Tuition Fees: £7,500.00
Uniform Fee: £70.00
A level three qualification in Complementary Therapy or a related subject. Additionally applicants should have five GCSE passes at C grade or above. A successful interview demonstrating commitment to study and academic potential may also be required.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Ever since I can remember I have always enjoyed doing hair and beauty. Through the contacts that one of our tutors had, I obtained a job working in a spa. The practical skills I have gained from studying at CAVC have been amazing.
Need to know