HND Construction and Built Environment
About this course
The HND in Construction & the Built Environment is a two-year Part-time programme designed for students who have experience of, or work in, the construction industry.
The course will help you build upon your skills in site management, contracts and management and Building Information Modelling (BIM), sustainability and the management of complex buildings. Graduates will have further employment prospects in construction management disciplines, including Site Management, Facilities Managers and Project Management. This course is highly regarded by employers in the construction industry.
What you will study
This programme is designed to build on your existing knowledge and will provide you with the basis on which your further career progression can be built.
The programme encompasses a wide range of subject areas and is made up of a combination of mandatory and optional units, including;
- Pearson Group Project
- Contracts management
- Project Management
- Alternative Methods of Construction
- Environmental Assessment & Monitoring
- Advanced Building Information Modelling
- Personal Professional Development
Course fee per year
Tuition Fees: £1,920.00
Completion of HNC in Construction and Built Environment
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Career prospects & further study
On completion of this course learners can progress onto a L6 NVQ in site management or continue their studies with a degree level qualification at university.
Need to know