About this course
The HND in Construction is a two year course of study which consists of 8 modules 4 per year on a part time basis. These are a mixture of core and specialist units that can be tailored to match individual student specialisms. These can be agreed with the course leader upon gaining entry to course and will selected from the specialist list below.
What you will study
- Design Principles and Application for Construction and the Built Environment; Construction
- Science and Materials for Construction and the Built Environment
- Applied Mathematics for Construction and the Built Environment
- Management Principles and Application for Construction and the Built Environment
- Group Project in the Construction Industry
- Health, Safety and Welfare for Construction and the Built Environment.
There are also a range of specialist modules that could be delivered, which include topics such as Structural Behaviour in Buildings; Advanced Measurement for Construction and Computer Aided Design for Construction.
Course fee per year
Tuition Fees: £1,920.00
Completion of HNC in Construction and Built Environment
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know