Hair & Beauty
About this course
The VTCT Entry Level Diploma in Vocational Studies - Hair and Beauty (Entry 3) is a qualification that has been designed to introduce you to a range of practical skills from across the hair and beauty industries while providing you with the opportunity to develop your own personal and social skills.
This is a full diploma and will teach you a variety of skills both technical and personal. This qualification has been designed for those who have few or no previous qualifications and will prepare you for further learning in the hair and beauty industries at level 1.
What you will study
You will cover Personal Social Education, which include units such as;
- Developing yourself
- Preparation for work
- Managing social relationships
- Managing your own money
Working as part of a group and healthy living
You will also study a large range of hair and beauty units which include;
- Introduction to the hair and beauty sector
Present a professional image in a salon
- Salon reception duties
- Health and safety
- Shampoo and conditioning
- Plaiting and twisting hair painting
- Basic manicure and nail art
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £0.00
A keen interest in the Hair and Beauty industry, motivation and a willingness to learn in a professional environment.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
"l enjoy my course because it’s an actual real-life salon so there is real work experience and there are plenty of great facilities here."
Career prospects & further study
This qualification will prepare you for further study at level 1 either in both industries, or you may decide to specialise in just one; hairdressing, barbering, beauty therapy or nails.
Need to know