Make Up & Nail Services
About this course
You will study two level 2 pathways on this programme, along with the following elements:
- Essential skills,
- Work related experience
- Online tutorial and tutorial
This programme is designed for those wanting to specialise in nails and make up services.
Kit and uniform are required to undertake the course.
You will be expected to undertake work related experience in industry salons.
What you will study
The VTCT Level 2 Certificate in Nail Technology qualification allows learners to gather evidence in a realistic working environment or real working environment without the need for fee paying clients. Within this unit you will learn all elements to work effectively as a nail technician including: providing and maintaining nail enhancements, manicure treatments, health and safety and client care.
The VTCT Level 2 Certificate in Cosmetic Make-Up, is a vocational qualification which includes all the elements to work effectively as a junior make-up consultant including mandatory units covering the following: applying make-up, instruction on make-up application and how to provide eyelash and eyebrow treatments and services.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £0.00
Salon Fees: £30.00
3 GCSEs Grades A* - D including English Language (or equivalent). Satisfactory reference from Course Tutor. Alternatively, successful achievement of Level 1 and satisfactory reference. Satisfactory reference from School or College to indicate good behaviour, attendance and progress.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
"I enjoy my course because it’s an actual real-life salon so there is real work experience and there are plenty of great facilities here."
Career prospects & further study
On completion of the course you can progress into:
- Level 3 Nail services
- Level 3 theatrical hair and make up
Need to know