About this course
Our VTCT Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Beauty and Spa Therapy is a substantial vocational qualification for learners seeking a career as an employed and/or self-employed beauty/spa therapist. This qualification is recognised by the UK's leading professional bodies as being fit for purpose for preparing learners for a career in the sector, and includes all the required elements to work effectively as a beauty therapist including:
Provide Body massage treatments
Provide Indian Head massage treatments
Provide Stone therapy treatments
Provide Pre-Blend Aromatherapy treatments
Provide Body wrapping treatments and dry floatation services
Monitoring and operating sauna, steam and hydrotherapy treatments
Monitoring procedures in the salon
Contributing to the planning of a promotional event
What you will study
Learners will further develop their understanding and skills by selecting a number of optional specialist units which include:
Provide Facial electrical treatments
Provide Body electrical treatments
This qualification's structure also provides individuals with the flexibility to develop the knowledge, understanding and skills depending upon their designated career pathway as a beauty/spa therapist. Individuals will also be required to develop sound knowledge of anatomy and physiology for body therapy treatments.
Additional areas that will be covered include:
ESW Literacy & Numeracy
Students will be required to complete E-portfolios, as well as both theoretical and practical evidence of assessment. Pupils will also complete external exams and Essential Skills portfolios.
You will have the opportunity to work within a busy commercial environment in order to develop your vocational skills and competence.
Additionally, learners are also required to purchase a uniform and kit to undertake the course – costs to be confirmed at enrolment.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £0.00
Salon Fees: £30.00
A full Level 2 Beauty Therapy qualification - Certification evidence required. Successful achievement in relevant Level 2 Diploma (Beauty). Interview and satisfactory reference from Course Tutor indicating good behaviour, satisfactory attendance and progress. Prior Learning and work experience will also be considered.
Teaching and assessment
- Continuous assessment and practical assessment including exams
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Beauty & Spa Therapy
"l enjoy my course because it’s an actual real-life salon so there is real work experience and there are plenty of facilities here."
Career prospects & further study
VTCT Level 4 non-medical aesthetics
VTCT Level 3 complementary therapies
Employment opportunity in spa’s, salons and clinics and cruise liners
Need to know