About this course
The BA(Hons) Electronic Music Production will provide a unique and vocational approach to this subject, in which you will apply theory through practice.
The course covers everything from sound practice and theory to the latest mixing and production techniques to train you in the skills needed by today’s global music industry. You will gain a thorough appreciation of the role of electronic music production in music-making today as it is used across the music and media industries.
What you will study
Through your theory and practical studies, you will come to consider electronic music as not just a single genre but as a way of making music that can be applied to a multitude of styles. You will learn to harness today’s hardware and software to sequence, sample, synthesise, compose, produce and remix sound, as well as to make music and experiment with sound design.
Led by experienced tutors who are actively practising in the music business, you will learn about new findings in music research and gain industry insights that could help you in your career. In addition, you will be able to work with our highly qualified and friendly audio technicians/demonstrators, who will help you master the technical challenges of electronic music production.
You will study the following modules;
- Advanced mixing techniques
- Advanced production techniques
- Production analysis
- Major project
- Collaborative production project
Course fee per year
Tuition Fees: £9,000.00
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I’ve always wanted to study Music Technology and it’s great to have this course available at college. I didn’t study music at school but getting this opportunity has really been amazing. I didn’t think I’d be able to read music or produce it so quickly and I’ve even got my own set-up back at home. There’s so many facilities to take advantage of, two production rooms, performance rooms, studios and a recital room where we put on our final performances. I’ve progressed onto the Music Technology Foundation Degree and that’s been a great step up for me. I really want to be a producer but this course has opened up other options in music for me – one of those being events management which is what I’m leaning towards now.
Need to know