Hospitality - Culinary Skills
About this course
This course offers you the chance to further develop your skills to become a specialist chef. The practical cooking element includes; larder, sauce, fish, meat and patisserie.
Having been taught to produce a range of high-quality restaurant dishes, you will explore the movement of commodities from farm to fork and study sustainability, nutrition, menu planning and costing in depth.
You will plan, manage and organise events at both the College and for external functions. You will be able to take part in high quality work experience placements with leading chefs in our onsite fine dining restaurant.
What you will study
For a full Level 3 Diploma in Professional Cookery you will learn how to prepare, cook and finish a range of;
- complex meat products
- pastries, doughs, hot and cold desserts
- chocolate and patisserie items
You'll be working in our award-winning, 2x AA Rosette in-house restaurant 'The Classroom'.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £0.00
5 GCSE's A* - C including English Language and/or Maths or Level 2 in Catering. Satisfactory reference from Course tutor indicating good behaviour, attendance and progress. Open to mature learners with catering experience.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Career prospects & further study
When completed, you may be able to progress on to a Higher Level (4) Apprenticeship in Hospitality, a Higher National Diploma in Hospitality, Culinary Art or join a hotel training programme.
Need to know