Hospitality - Front of House
About this course
This is a nationally recognised qualification set in a realistic working environment. This programme is based on the National Occupation Standards, which is written by employers and experts in the Hospitality industry. This is a front of house qualification, where learners will be working part time in the hospitality industry alongside completing the course. Studying in our dedicated facilities, this programme is suitable for anyone already in the workplace looking to progress their career, or for anyone wanting to progress into Hospitality Supervision and seeking a position of responsibility.
When completed, this qualification will prove that you can work to such standards, and will show that you are competent to be a supervisor in a Hospitality business, as you will have gained the skills, knowledge and understanding required to complete this role. You will also work as a trainee supervisor in the restaurant (kitchen, restaurant, bar and reception area), working with and supporting lower level learners to gain the evidence for this qualification.
What you will study
For a full level 3 Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership the learner must successfully complete 5 mandatory units:
- Set objectives and provide support for team members
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
- Contribute to the control of resources
- Maintain the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment
- Lead a team to improve customer service
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £0.00
5 GCSE's A* - C including English Language and/or Maths or Level 2 in Catering. Satisfactory reference from Course tutor indicating good behaviour, attendance and progress. Open to mature learners with catering experience.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
The course has opened loads of opportunities for me – I got to the semi-finals of the Nestle Torgue d’Or and won in Skills Competition Wales and will compete in WorldSkills UK. This course has made me really excited for my future.
Career prospects & further study
When completed, you may be able to progress on to a Higher Level (4) Apprenticeship in Hospitality, a Higher National Diploma in Hospitality, join a hotel training programme or consider setting up your own business.
Need to know