About this course
This qualification is designed primarily for learners who wish to develop their food skills and gain an understanding to support progression to further learning in the food industry.
What you will study
The qualification covers mandatory practical food skills and knowledge in areas like: mixing, shaping, heating, cooling, finishing and presenting food products. Learners have a large choice of skills in the mandatory group of units, including general areas like hygiene, safety and quality.
Most of the qualification is practical based with theoretical elements and evidence are collected through building a portfolio.
4 GCSEs including English and Maths.
You will need to buy appropriate PPE to work in the kitchen.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Career prospects & further study
On successful completion of the course you can progress on a L2 professional bakery or L2 Hospitality Services.
Need to know