About this course
Our Administration OCR Diploma course is designed to provide students with the opportunity to develop the skills regarded as essential by today's employers. From Customer Service to Text and Word Processing, this programme covers everything you need to know about a role in administration. Studying at our City Centre campus in Cardiff, learners will gain the necessary skills required to tackle a wide range of administration duties with confidence.
What you will study
Topics studied include:
- Composing written business communication
- Planning your career in administration
- Dealing with customers
- Organising meetings and diary systems
- Team working
- Organising business travel and accommodation
- Literacy and numeracy
You will be taught using a mixture of short lectures, working with other students in pairs and groups, demonstrations and practical work to help you develop good all-round administration skills. There will also be eLearning involved in the course, and you will spend time working in the college's executive office practising your skills and collecting evidence.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
4 GCSEs Grades A* - D including English and Maths.
Teaching and assessment
- Continuous assignments and practical assessments and exams
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
The College has given me great opportunities through the Career Ready Programme, I have been able to go to London and work with Fresh Fields Law Firm and various other businesses in Cardiff. I love this campus and am hoping to progress on to University next year.
Need to know