About this course
If you are keen to pursue a career in engineering, then our Electronic Engineering Level 1 course is a great place to start! This programme provides a background into Electronic Systems, and will develop the necessary skills and knowledge required to continue onto the progression routes at the college, and eventually achieve success within the industry.
What you will study
Studying in the College's specialist facilities and industry specific workshops, pupils will work alongside qualified and experienced staff to achieve an industry recognised qualification.
On this course, students will study the Mechanical and Electrical Skills NVQ Level 1 or equivalent.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £0.00
Applicants would benefit from achieving 3 GCSEs Grades D-F. Alternatively, applicants will be considered based on interview and a satisfactory skills scan, with a desire and commitment to complete the course they would wish to study.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Studying here is great – there’s excellent mentorship and support plus it’s a very diverse place to learn. I look back to last year and I never thought I’d have the skills or confidence I have now. If you’re a young person looking to sign up to this course, I would highly recommend it. It’s the best thing I’ve done career-wise.
Career prospects & further study
Successful candidates will have the option to progress onto a full time Level 2 course of their chosen Engineering pathway (Electronic / Mechanical).
Need to know