About this course
This course will provide knowledge of the principles of electrical supply systems to domestic buildings covering six learning outcomes listed below.
What you will study
The learning outcomes include the following:
- Know parts of the domestic electrical supply system to buildings.
- Understand the functional requirements of the elements of a domestic electrical system.
- Know the main sources of reference, statutory requirements and recommendations relating to electrical supply.
- Understand the simple basic electrical circuits used in dwellings.
- Know a range of components of the electrical supply system.
- Understand electrical safety.
Course fee per year
Part-time enrolment fee: £30.00
Would be suitable for applicants who are motivated with a desire to achieve. Applicants would benefit by achieving the Basic Home Electrics - Taster course but this is not essential.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Throughout my time at CAVC I used a range of equipment, including; soldering irons, oscilloscopes and power supplies. I believe combining the academic and practical skills that I have gained at college will fuse my product design and electronic skills together ahead of university.
Need to know