About this course
Our Diploma in Creative Media Production aims to give learners a real understanding of how the creative subjects work within the industry. Based at our City Centre campus in Cardiff, this course is continually assessed, and while practical work is undertaken, students are also required to do research and written work.
Pupils will also have the opportunity to gain Essential Skills in Information and Communication Technology and Application of Number.
What you will study
The course is comprised of 8 units, with are delivered in projects. The main projects are divided into Interactive Media, Audio communication and visual communication. These are graded at pass or fail. The final unit 8 is an individual project where you get to choose your own subject to focus on. This could be a short film, a podcast, a website or a photography project. The grade for this unit will give you your overall grade for the year.
4 GCSEs A* - D including English Language or Maths or a Level 1 qualification in this area. You must attend an interview. You must resit GCSE English Language or Maths if Grade D or less.
Teaching and assessment
- Continuous assessments including practical assessments and written assignments and portfolio
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
The teaching was amazing I just felt very supported. There was always that 1:1 tutoring that I really needed when I didn’t have much confidence. The facilities of the College were excellent, every year we had new technology and equipment we could explore, I felt my skills were really developing from that.
Career prospects & further study
After completing this course, successful candidates may have the option to continue onto the National Diploma in Media and Film Production, or pursue another Level 3 course at the college. Many students will also explore employment opportunities within the creative industry.
Need to know