About this course
Our Access to Social Work course is perfect for those individuals keen to pursue a career as a Social Worker. This programme is designed to give learners the skills and knowledge needed to progress into higher education. This is an intensive course, so candidates must be certain they are ready for both the academic demands and the workload of the programme. On successful completion of the course, pupils will achieve the Access to Higher Education Diploma qualification. This is a nationally recognised qualification which is accepted for entry into Higher Education courses.
What you will study
Social Policy, and social work are covered as major subjects on this course. You will also be required to study Numeracy, Communications and Study Skills as mandatory core subjects.
Learners should also have practical experience in health and social care or be willing to undertake a work placement.
The qualification is assessed throughout the year in a number of assessments.
GCSE English Language A* - C is mandatory and evidence must be provided before enrolment. Successful interview and assessment result - Level 1 in Maths and Level 2 in English. Learners need to be outside of Post Compulsory Education for 3 years prior to studying.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Career prospects & further study
From this course you can progress on to Higher Education courses.