About this course
This course is now full, we are now taking applications for courses starting from September 2023. Apply now and we will contact you in July to discuss dates.
This course is intended for individuals who wish to earn a position as a Server Support Technician, Server Administrator, or Storage Administrator.
The CompTIA Server+ qualification demonstrates the ability to secure and maintain a variety of commonly utilised server and storage equipment.
This course enhances knowledge of advanced storage mechanisms, and business continuity strategies, taking your understanding to an unsurpassable level. Managing an organisation’s network, hardware, and server is a complex and demanding task and so becoming a certified CompTIA Server+ Professional will ensure that you have the skills to take on a role as a Server Support Technician, Server Administrator, or Storage Administrator.
*This qualification is assessed by an exam*
What you will study
You will study:
- General Server Hardware Knowledge
- Proactive Maintenance
- Troubleshooting & Problem Determination
- Disaster Recovery
As this is an online course, you will require access to a computer/laptop with internet.
It is recommended that delegates have achieved the CompTIA A+ qualification and have at least 18 months of practical experience of installing, configuring, diagnosing, and troubleshooting either PC, Workstation, or Server Systems.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
LocationMaps & directions
Need to know