VTCT Certificate in IPL (Laser for skin rejuvenation and hair removal) (PLA)
About this course
The Level 4 Certificate in Laser and Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Treatments is a vocationally related qualification and is focused on reducing hair growth and photo rejuvenation of the skin using intense light and laser treatments.
In this qualification you will develop an understanding of managing safe working practices and how to identify and control hazards. You will also learn how to identify hair and skin conditions and those clients suitable for intense light and laser system treatments.
Full uniform, to be purchased by learner. This includes tunic, trousers and flat enclosed shoes.
This FREE course is only available to adults that are eligible for a Personal Learning Account (PLA). Personal Learning Accounts, funded by the Welsh Government, are available to employed adults living in Wales that wish to develop skills to progress or change career.
Find out if you're eligible today.
What you will study
- Management of health, safety and security in the salon.
- Client care and communication in beauty related industries.
- Laser and light treatments for hair removal.
- Laser and light treatments for skin rejuvenation.
- Intense Pulsed Light unit on site in the clinic.
- Covid 19 – Prevent infection Qualification
Continuous assessment including practical assessments and exams.
Full completion of set theory projects, and practical observations are required to complete the course.
Teaching and assessment
- Continuous assessment including practical assessments and exams
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Applicants must have a Level 3 Beauty qualification. This must include the Facial Electrical unit. Proof of Certification is required and a successful interview & current CV (Curriculum Vitae) provided before enrolment is approved. Suited to Therapists currently within the Beauty Industry, looking to expand current skills set or business.
Time of day
"l enjoy my course because it’s an actual real-life salon so there is real work experience and there are plenty of facilities here."
Need to know