About this course
This City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Travel and Tourism is for those who would like a career working in the travel and tourism industry. This course will prepare learners for employment as a:
- Holiday centre worker/manager
- Holiday representative
- Tour guide
- Tourist information centre assistant
- Travel agent
What you will study
This course will cover a range of subjects including:
- Interpersonal Skills for the Travel and Tourism Industry (Mandatory)
- Structure of the UK Tourism Industry
- Working as a Resort Representative
- Principles of Customer Service (Mandatory)
- Worldwide Travel and Tourism Destinations (Externally assessed)
- Customer Service and Selling Skills
- The Cruise Industry
You will also study Essential Skills Wales qualifications in Communications and Application of Number as part of this course.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £0.00
4 GCSEs Grades A* - D. English Language and/or Maths (or equivalent) desirable or relevant Level 1 Diploma in Travel and Tourism.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
“The whole experience is just great! I know there is a lot of help available to me, there's people i can speak to and programmes like the Career Ready programme, my tutors have got lots of experience in the workplace.”
Career prospects & further study
After completing this course you can go on to complete our 'Travel and Tourism' Diploma course. Our diploma course will lead you onto employment or further education with HE courses.
Need to know