About this course
This course is designed for teachers, teaching assistants, childcare providers and educators who are interested in promoting Forest schools, sustainability and outdoor education into their practice.
What you will study
You will study how to create a forest school, areas of child development, educational theory, woodland conservation and recreation, innovative and therapeutic theory in the outdoors, risk assessments to enable outdoor education, shared responsibilities, cooking in fire pits and first aid.
Course fee per year
Part-time enrolment fee: £35.00
Course Fee: £90.00
Desirable – a childcare, teaching or supporting teaching and learning qualification.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Career prospects & further study
From this course you can progress on to a:
- Level 3 forest school course
- Childcare qualification
- Supporting teaching and learning qualification
Need to know