About this course
Our Diploma in Digital Media is delivered by Media Academy Cymru (MAC). The course provides opportunities to work with industry professionals. This course is designed to develop your practical skills with hands-on tasks that emphasise what you can do rather than what you know in theory. You will acquire and develop transferable and sector-specific skills, providing the foundation for further learning.
You will learn in a relaxed, inclusive and encouraging atmosphere. We especially welcome applications from students who have been unable to access similar opportunities elsewhere, are at risk of social exclusion, and are not in education, training or employment.
What you will study
This BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Digital Media comprises of 10 modules, including Design, Photography, Video, Animation, Audio Production, Multimedia, and Editing. You will produce a unique Media Product in each of the modules, such as: a music video, a podcast, an animated film, a photo exhibition, or a simple website.
Our practical course will support you in learning about technical equipment, methods of planning, production and post-production for various media products. We will also help you develop your digital, numeracy, literacy, employability and social skills. The work you will produce for each module will form the basis for your assessment portfolio, and throughout the year you will build a comprehensive portfolio that will be instrumental for your progression to future education or employment.
At MAC we take pride in focusing on your strengths, and helping you build your confidence.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £0.00
Teaching and assessment
Programme comprises of 10 coursework modules.
All equipment will be provided by MAC.
Students will have unlimited access to the sound studio and green room.
Small class sizes – up to 16 students
There are no formal requirements. You will be invited to a short interview at MAC, where the tutors will show you around the academy and assess your suitability for the course. Once accepted onto the course, you will complete a skills scan. The course is available to anyone between 16-25 years old.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
For more information about the course or Media Academy Cymru (MAC) contact: email@example.com
Career prospects & further study
Participants will be able to progress to study creative media or film at CAVC or be supported to transition to an apprenticeship, education, training or employment. This course is ideal for those considering a career in the creative industry. We will support you to secure your next destination.
Need to know