About this course
This qualification is designed to provide informed and prepared potential recruits. It will enable learners to prepare to make a recruitment application or provide a basis for further study and progression towards the entry qualification of a specific service.
This qualification will:
• focus on the study of the uniformed services
• offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge
• provide opportunities to acquire a number of practical and technical skills
What you will study
You will gain:
• an understanding of the uniformed public services sector
• the opportunity to investigate career opportunities in the uniformed services
• the opportunity to investigate volunteering roles and the transferable workplace skills volunteering can provide
• the ability to prepare for a recruitment interview
• an understanding of the personal commitment and fitness requirements needed to be employed in a uniformed service role
• an understanding of the importance of health and hygiene for those in uniformed service roles
• the opportunity to understand and develop the skills and qualities needed to work in a range of uniformed services, eg team work, communication, problem solving, navigation and drill.
Some modules you may study on the course include:
• Employment in the uniformed services
• Physical fitness
• Land navigation
• Adventurous activities
• Equality and diversity.
Use of gym, sport, MoD and outdoor facilities.
4 GCSEs Grades A* - D. English Language and/or Maths (or equivalent) desirable or relevant Level 1 Diploma in Public Services.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
The course has given me so many pathways to different careers. I love the facilities and the tutors are very helpful.
Career prospects & further study
Progression to Level 3 Public Services or into employment.
Need to know