About this course
This course is targeted at learners who would like to gain employment in the public services sector, and throughout the course learners will gain an in-depth understanding of the opportunities that are available within this sector. The Public Services diploma will develop learners’ knowledge and skills of a range of practical areas to develop an understanding of how public services operate within the community. The programme is suited well to learners who would like to know more about employment in uniformed public services.
What you will study
This course provides learners with realistic, work-based scenarios and projects, and allows them to gain access and exposure to a variety of uniformed public services that includes the British Armed Forces and Emergency Services. Learners are encouraged to take responsibility for their own learning and achievement with tutor guidance and support.
- The Role and Work of the PS (Exam)
- Working Skills
- Citizenship (Exam)
- Health & Fitness in the PS
- Sport & Recreation in the PS
- Preparing to Respond to Emergency Incidents
You will be required to purchase moulded football boots before commencing this course, in order to take part in practical sessions, which is an essential part of the course. You may be eligible for support with these costs. Please contact us for further information.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £0.00
4 GCSEs Grades A* - D. English Language and/or Maths (or equivalent) desirable or relevant Level 1 Diploma in Public Services.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
"The course has given me so many pathways to different careers. I love the facilities and the tutors are very helpful."
Career prospects & further study
After completing this course you can progress onto our 'Public Services - Extended Diploma' course. Our Level 3 Extended Diploma in Public Services is designed to prepare you for successful entry into any of the uniformed public services.
Need to know