Diploma in Retrofit Coordination & Risk Management (PLA)
About this course
This course offers you self-guided eLearning with the additional support of an expert-led 4 ½ day Retrofit Coordinator Bootcamp, delivered via Zoom. This virtual Bootcamps are a total of 12 hours, delivered through four sessions (three hours each) over a period of six weeks.
In order to comply with PAS 2035 every domestic retrofit project will need to be managed by an approved Retrofit Coordinator. A Retrofit Coordinator is the individual who will be responsible for overseeing the assessment of dwellings as well as the subsequent specification, monitoring, and evaluation of energy efficiency measures, in accordance with PAS 2035.
A Retrofit Coordinator will manage a retrofit project from inception to completion, and will need to liaise with building owners, Retrofit Assessors, Retrofit Designers and Retrofit Installers in order to ensure effective end-to-end project management.
This FREE course is only available to adults that are eligible for a Personal Learning Account (PLA). Personal Learning Accounts, funded by the Welsh Government, are available to employed adults living in Wales that wish to develop skills to progress or change career.
Find out if you're eligible today.
What you will study
The course features twelve modules along with a comprehensive case study. Each module features extensive teaching materials, expert presentations, case studies and activities that are designed to give you an in-depth understanding of both theory and practice.
• Introduction to Domestic Retrofit
• Retrofit Quality Assurance and Risk Management
• Building Physics – Thermal Efficiency
• Building Physics – Managing Moisture Risk
• Assessing Dwellings for Retrofit
• Improvement Option Evaluation and Medium-Term Retrofit Plans
• Improving the Building Fabric – Floors and Roofs
• Improving the Building Fabric – Walls and Windows
• Improving Air-Tightness and Ventilation
• Improving the Building Services – Heating, Hot Water, Lighting and Power
• Improving the Building Services – Renewable Energy Systems
• Post Retrofit Testing, Monitoring and Evaluation
Minimum Level 3 Construction/retrofit qualification or extensive experience in construction/retrofit. Cymhwyster Adeiladu / ôl-ffitio Lefel 3 yn ofynnol neu brofiad helaeth mewn adeiladu / ôl-ffitio.
Teaching and assessment
Online Self Study
The 12 modules take around 104 hours to complete.
4 1/2-day tutor led classes followed by an End Point assessment. Learners are required to submit and assignment for each module, which will be marked by their assessor.
18+, Minimum Level 3 Construction/retrofit qualification or extensive experience in construction/retrofit.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know