About this course
This qualification enables the learner to demonstrate and recognise their skills, knowledge and understanding and to demonstrate their competence in a real workplace environment so that they can work as an Insulation and Building treatments Operative within the construction industry.
There are a number of specialisms in the sector and the qualification has been developed with Pathways to allow as wide an uptake as possible.
All work must be completed following Industry recognised Safe Working Practices and in accordance with relevant legislation.
Learners will undertake 1 Pathway to achieve the NVQ. They may decide to undertake further pathways and this can be discussed on successful enrolment.
What you will study
Pathway 1 - Wood Preserving and Damp-proofing
Pathway 2 - Wall Tie Replacement
Pathway 3 - Cavity Wall Insulation
Pathway 4 - Solid Floor Insulation
Pathway 5 - Under Floor Insulation
Pathway 6 - Cold Roof Insulation (Covers Loft)
• Candidates must have experience in their chosen area of skill.
• Candidates must have basic level of literacy.
• Candidates must be in some form of employment or have access to an observable working situation.
• Basic IT skills may be required but is not essential.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.