CompTIA Security + (PLA) - Intensive 4 days
About this course
This course is suited to individuals who aspire to achieve a career in IT Security or wish to enhance their IT Security skills. This course is also intended for current IT Professionals, as with this certification, IT Professionals can advance on to more senior roles within the discipline of IT Security.
*This qualification is assessed by an exam*
What you will study
You will study:
- Identifying Security Threats
- Hardening Internal Systems
- Internetwork Devices & Services
- Securing Network Communications
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Monitoring the Security Infrastructure
- Enforcing Organisational Security Policy
As this is an online course, you will require access to a computer/laptop with internet.
It is required that candidates possess the CompTIA Network+ Certification, and two years of experience in IT Administration, with a core focus on IT Security.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know