CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA) (PLA)
About this course
This course is now full, we are now taking applications for courses starting from September 2023. Apply now and we will contact you in July to discuss dates.
This course is for IT Professionals, who want to learn about CompTIA Technologies.
In this course, delegates will gain knowledge of how to identify tools and techniques used to perform environmental reconnaissance of a target network or security system. They will also learn about the use of frameworks, policies, and procedures, and report on security architecture. In this 4-day course, delegates will acquire knowledge of how to use network host and web application vulnerability assessment tools.
This course will help delegates who are preparing for the CompTIA CySA+ certification exam with hands-on, scenario-based training so that they are ready to meet Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) head-on.
*This qualification is assessed by an exam*
What you will study
· Threat Management
o Cybersecurity Analysts
o Reconnaissance Techniques
o Security Appliances
o Logging and Analysis
· Vulnerability Management
o Managing Vulnerabilities
o Remediating Vulnerabilities
o Secure Software Development
· Cyber Incident Response
o Incident Response
o Forensics Tools
o Incident Analysis & Recovery
· Security Architecture
o Secure Network Design
o Managing Identities & Access
o Security Frameworks & Policies
As this is an online course, you will require access to a computer/laptop with internet.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know