About this course
This course is now full, we are now taking applications for courses starting from September 2023. Apply now and we will contact you in July to discuss dates.
This course is suited to:
- Systems and Network Administrators
- Cloud Engineers
- Cloud Developers
- Cloud Specialists
*This qualification is assessed by an exam*
What you will study
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
• Describe the different Cloud Services and Deployment models
• List and explain Cloud Computing terms and characteristics
• Understand RAID concepts and disk types
• List Storage technologies and their respective protocols
• Understand Switching and Routing, including ports and protocols
• List the several types of networks
• Define a hypervisor, Virtual Machine, and VM Host
• List the benefits of virtualisation in the Cloud
• Describe the concept of Server Migration
• List and explain the various remote-access tools
• Discuss the need for remote monitoring techniques
• Explain hot resource, and VM resource allocation
• List the available tuning tools to assist in optimising performance
• Discuss system management best practices
• List the available troubleshooting tools and testing techniques
• Explain the need for data encryption
• List the various access control methods available
• Describe the different methods of High Availability
• List the various Disaster Recovery methods available
It is recommended that delegates have at least 24-36 months of work experience in IT networking, storage, or data centre administration. CompTIA Network+ and/or Server+ would also be beneficial but these are not required.
As this is an online course, you will require access to a computer/laptop with internet.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know