CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (PLA)
About this course
This course is now full, we are now taking applications for courses starting from September 2023. Apply now and we will contact you in July to discuss dates.
This course will provide advanced and different scenarios to explore security skills and get a new level for different and high-level innovation.
Delegates will learn how to secure enterprise environments and will prepare for the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner Exam.
What you will study
Delegates will learn about information security to apply advanced principles that are beneficial for keeping an organisation secure. Delegates will gather the knowledge of different ways to secure enterprise environments from threatened attacks. This course will also teach about the authorisation techniques, support IT governance and risk management and their various methods, as well as the implementation of cryptographic techniques. Delegates will learn how to implement security controls for mobile.
Delegates will acquire the technical knowledge and skills of conceptualising, engineering, integrate, and implement secure solutions across organisations. The course will provide an understanding of essential terms that will help delegates for exam preparation.
*This qualification is assessed by an exam*
This course is designed for IT Professionals.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
As this is an online course, you will require access to a computer/laptop with internet.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know