About this course
Our VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (QCF) is a substantial vocational qualification that will prepare you for a career as a vocational assessor. Based at our City Centre campus in Cardiff, this qualification is designed for learners aged 19 years or older, and will support you to gain employment as a vocational assessor, as the units covered throughout the course make up all the skills and knowledge required for this role.
This is a practical-based qualification, which aims to evaluate occupational competence in the work environment, as well as assessing vocational skills, knowledge and understanding in environments other than the workplace (i.e. workshops, classrooms or other training environments).
All learners will be required to always wear full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) whilst in the salons and clinic. Full uniform, to be purchased by learner. This includes tunic, trousers and flat enclosed shoes.
The following will be supplied by college:
- Face Mask
- Plastic Apron
- Surgical Gloves
This FREE course is only available to adults that are eligible for a Personal Learning Account (PLA). Personal Learning Accounts, funded by the Welsh Government, are available to employed adults living in Wales that wish to develop skills to progress or change career.
Find out if you're eligible today.
What you will study
This programme covers a number of units including the principles and practices of assessment, and evaluates learners' occupational competence in the work place, as well as assessing vocational skills, knowledge and understanding of education and training. This qualification is the only Level 3 certificate offered by VTCT in Assessing Vocational Achievement.
You will require competence in the vocational subject area that you will be assessing. You will need access to a cohort of learners so that you can gather evidence through assessment.
Teaching and assessment
- There are no assessment details set.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Ever since I can remember I have always enjoyed doing hair and beauty. Through the contacts that one of our tutors had, I obtained a job working in a spa. The practical skills I have gained from studying at CAVC have been amazing.
Career prospects & further study
After completing this programme, successful candidates may progress onto the VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality of Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (QCF).
Need to know