About this course
This is a beginner course for people who are wishing to understand and develop acting techniques for live performance. The course will look at different styles of theatre and acting that the group are interested in as well as introducing some new and more unfamiliar genres. This is a fun course designed to give it’s participants the foundations of contemporary acting techniques.
What you will study
This course will enable you to begin to acquire acting skills which can be transferable to the workplace. Teachers, Managers, Group Leaders and anyone who has to speak publicly as part of their job would benefit from this course.
Amateur performers would also benefit from taking the skills learnt on this course back to their performances societies to embed in future projects.
- Develop stage presence
- Creating a ‘believable’ character
- Performing with truth
- Practicing and developing acting techniques for a range of acting styles
Course fee per year
Part-time enrolment fee: £35.00
Studio Fees: £65.00
Desirable candidates will be familiar with the basics of acting. Must be 18 years of age or above with satisfactory interview.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Career prospects & further study
After completing this course you can progress onto our 'Foundation Degree in Performing Arts' course. This programme will develop a level skills, knowledge and understanding which will prepare the learner for employment within the sector or onto further academic study.