About this course
This course involves learning and developing creative skills in Design. Using industry standard software and a range of model-making techniques to turn ideas into 3D printed models. You will develop skills in idea research and referencing, 3D computer modelling and 3D printing. You will learn to use one of the design industries most popular 3D modelling programmes and 3D printing softwares. You will develop skills in modelling objects based on reference image and using a design software to create 3D objects and 3D print them.
What you will study
The course will cover the following:
- Introduction to 3D modelling
- Making 3D models from 2D/3D images/objects
- Introduction to 3D Printing
- Introduction to 3D Model-Making
Course fee per year
Studio Fees: £65.00
Course Fee: £30.00
Must be 18 years of age or above. Portfolio of work will be required on interview.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know