About this course
This qualification is for designed for those people who may encounter electric/hybrid vehicles within a routine maintenance situation. It also contains the knowledge and skills required to work safely around a vehicle that may have had damage to its high energy/electrical system.
What you will study
- working safely on an electric/hybrid vehicle
- using information to carry out the task
- carrying out repairs on high energy electrical systems
- recording information and making suitable recommendations
As a result, learners successfully completing this qualification will acquire significant core knowledge and skills and the ability to remove and replace Electric/Hybrid vehicle high voltage components.
Teaching and assessment
The teaching will be carried out in both a classroom and the light vehicle commercial workshop.
Course fee per year
Course Fee: £595.00
Candidate will require relevant experience in the automotive industry (it is recommenced 4 years) as well as achievement of L2 Award in Hybrid Vehicle.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I know from studying at the College and applying the skills I’ve learnt in my job I improve each day. I’m even going to compete at World Skills for vehicle body painting.
Need to know